Take Charge and Maximize Your Health
For most people, when it comes time to making New Year’s resolutions, improving fitness and health is at or near the top of the list. You can start the year with the best of intentions, but it can be hard to know where to begin, and you can find the process daunting. Here are some simple things you can do—no complex regimens here—that will help you feel better this year.
- Find a way to move every day — Even if it’s just taking a walk around the block, it’ll help keep your muscles loose and improve your cardio and breathing. Here are some suggestions—take the stairs whenever possible, whether at work, while running errands or out for the evening. If you’re feeling ambitious, get a dog and walk it every day.
- Stay loose — One of the best ways to avoid most types of injury-make certain you stretch on a regular basis, ideally every day. Start when you hop out of bed—reach down and touch your toes. Walk away from your desk at least once in the morning and once in the afternoon and do a few windmills. It’s even a good idea to stretch a little right before you go to bed.
- Drink plenty of fluids — Proper hydration helps every cell in your body, from your nervous system to your spinal discs. Water is still one of the best choices—try to take in at least 64 ounces of fluids per day.
- Eliminate stress — It’s one of the primary causes of most types of disease, as well as heart attacks and strokes. Consider meditation or find an activity that allows you to relax.
- Take care of your spine—It’s the center of your physical life. Get an adjustment on a regular basis, so that you avoid impingements and other conditions that can negatively affect your health.
- Seek joy – This is the flip side of avoiding stress. It’s a proven scientific fact that laughter and joy are good for your health. Look for opportunities for mirth. It’ll pay huge dividends in the long run.
Schedule an Appointment with Premier Health Center
Get relief from the pain caused by any type of accident. Contact our office online or call us at 817-261-6100 to set up an appointment with Dr. Gittiban. We are available Monday through Thursday, from 9 am to 6 pm, and Fridays from 9 am to noon. We also see patients on the first Saturday of each month. Our offices are conveniently located on South Bowen, just off Highway 20 near the Parks Mall.